b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] need help with library request I just bcc'd to the list

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dora Smith" <villandra AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew list" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] need help with library request I just bcc'd to the list
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:25:31 -0500

A few minutes ago, I bcc'd to the list a request to a university librarian
for help identifying a Biblical Hebrew text I once used in that library.

I would appreciate it if people on this list look at my request to see if
tehy can identify my book.

I have an idea that someone on this list might recognize it; both because it
was a very unusual Biblical Hebrew text, and because Google turned up a
recommendation about the book that I suspect is the one I am trying to
identify, that someone posted to the b-hebrew list, along with other books
the poster recommends to students at his or her seminary or something.

If short, clear and simple explanations and inclusion of actual grammatical
exercises don't pin down this unusual book, I would think that Goldlilocks
and the Three Bears and a passage (not necessarily just one) from the Book
of Ruth should. I remember it as a typewriter paper sized book with a hard
plain blue cover - but then the hard plain blue cover pretty much identifies
it as a paperback book. That is what this university library does with
paperback books.

The book I suspect it is that I am trying to identify cannot be found at any
public, university or seminary library in Austin, Texas nor any book store,
and costs $40, even at Eisenbraun's - so I definitely do not want to send
for it without knowing whether it is the correct book.

Thanks for your help!

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas