b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Question about script used by different sources in OT

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Question about script used by different sources in OT
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 18:24:34 +0200

Dora, you're absolutely correct! With the exception of a few lines of
Numbers on the Ketef Hinnom Amulet, we don't have any manuscripts earlier
than the late 2nd century BCE (some of the Dead Sea scrolls), which are
already coppies of copies of copies etc., and so we have no way of knowing
which script was "originally" used for which part.

Yigal