b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Question about script used by different sources in OT

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dora Smith" <villandra AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew list" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Question about script used by different sources in OT
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 09:32:27 -0600

In Bible study last Wednesday, the leader said that the way we know who
wrote which parts of the OT is by the different script used. Ie, in some
cases the script is round and in other cases it is square.

This sounds pretty hoagy to me. First, we don't have original documents;
our earliest documents are late copies and I would be surprised if stylistic
differences in the script were preserved.

Second, how would there have even been a need to debate the existence of
sources and who wrote what, and why do we still doubt who wrote what, if
this were true?

Are tehre differences in the style of the script?

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas
villandra AT austin.rr.com