b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] dating BH poetry

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "B. M. Rocine" <brocine AT twcny.rr.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] dating BH poetry
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 06:44:53 -0500

B-Havarim,

What are the recommended sources for dating of BH poetry? For my own needs,
I am not especially interested in assigning particular poems to particular
historical contexts. I would simply like to get a handle on poems' *relative
ages*--what is older, what is later. I realize, however, that the dating of
the poems may be achieved through historical criticism. That's okay. I just
want some idea of a timeline for all the major poems and poetic sections of
the Tanakh. It sounds like such a simple request...anyone have a magic wand?
;-)

Thanks,
Bryan

B. M. Rocine