b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "Herrell Angel" thread

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: CS Bartholomew <jacksonpollock AT earthlink.net>
  • To: hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "Herrell Angel" thread
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:32:01 -0800

On 2/26/04 10:34 AM, "FPutnam AT biblical.edu" <FPutnam AT biblical.edu> wrote:

> Perhaps Herrell et al. are merely ignorant. Perhaps he [they] have been
> taught badly.

Really? There is no reason to doubt what Herrell is all about he has made
it quite public. Statements starting with "Perhaps ..." are not necessary
since he is published both on the web and in print.

I am all for giving people the benefit of the doubt but once they have made
their ideology very explicit in public then what reason is there for doubt?

One major reason I like b-hebrew is the relaxed attitude taken by the
moderators. Where else will you find the Hebrew bible being discussed by
"Identity" people and Jewish OT Scholars. This is a great list.

greetings,
Clay Bartholomew