b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] poetry

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] poetry
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 01:01:08 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Naama Zahavi-Ely" <nxzaha AT wm.edu>
> As to the 2nd question: I learned at the Hebrew University the suggestion
> that the two systems of chant markers were the result of the working of
two
> groups, rather than a difference dictated by the material. Certainly, a
> great deal of Biblical poetry (in the prophets, etc) is set to the
> cantillation marks of the majority of the Bible rather than the
> psalms/proverbs/Job set.

And then there's always Psalm 18, which is also 2 Samuel 22. Each version
uses its own set of cantillation marks - Psalm 18 uses the "special" EMeT
marks (Iyyov, Mishlei, Tehilim), while 2 Sam uses the standard marks.

Yigal

  • [b-hebrew] poetry, Naama Zahavi-Ely, 02/19/2004
    • Re: [b-hebrew] poetry, Yigal Levin, 02/19/2004