b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Leningrad Codex / BHS error-filled?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Christopher V. Kimball" <kimball AT ntplx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Leningrad Codex / BHS error-filled?
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:38:07 -0500

I've been planning to base my study on the MCW BHS or a descendant of it. Recently,
a correspondent stated that:

(The Leningrad Codex) "..(as BHS is), which is the most error-filled of the ancient manuscripts (it is not even the best manuscript written by its author, who wrote a much better one after he wrote the Leningrad manuscript)."

This is a little disconcerting. Could someone please explain the issue?

Chris Kimball