b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Gen. 2:25 and 3:1

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "????" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Gen. 2:25 and 3:1
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:16:40 +0200

Karl, you are no doubt correct, but I'm also sure that the author used the
similar words purposely - the snake was "clever", but the humans, by
following his advice, became "naked" in more than just the physical sense.

Yigal

(And hi, y'all, I'm back, writing from Israel now).

Dr. Yigal Levin
The Dept. of Jewish History and
The Martin (Szusz) Dept. of Land of Israel Studies
Bar-Ilan University
Ramat-Gan 52900
ISRAEL