b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Mesha Stele Transcription

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Karl Randolph <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Mesha Stele Transcription
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 02:58:48 -0700

On 06/10/2003 17:59, Karl Randolph wrote:

Or for that matter, is there a high definition photograph, or drawing, which we can use to make such a transcription?
Thanks, Karl W. Randolph.
----- Original Message ----- From: "B. M. Rocine" <brocine AT twcny.rr.com>

B-Haveray,
Is there a transcription of the Mesha Stele available on the web into either the square Aramaic or a phonetic alphabet from which I may recover the original text?
Thanks, Bryan

There is a readable image at http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/images.jsp?artid=680&letter=M&imgid=1333.

--
Peter Kirk