b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] double ayins

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Deborah Millier <deborahmillier AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] double ayins
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:56:48 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List Members,

I was reading today in TEHILLIM when I ran across
something I had never noticed before. In Psa. 108:10
the last word reads ETROAA or )trw((. Now maybe I'm
uniformed, but I don't recall any other words in the
Bible with consecutive ayins. I suppose I could
consult a good commentary and become better educated,
but hey, why should I when I have you all to discuss
matters with? So, what do you think: do we merely
have here a dittography or something reflective of a
quad-literal root rw((?

B'SHALOM,
-- Michael Millier