b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ugaritic Vocabulary in Syllabic Transcription

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: CS Bartholomew <jacksonpollock AT earthlink.net>
  • To: hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ugaritic Vocabulary in Syllabic Transcription
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:49:36 -0700

Thanks Trevor,

I picked up a perfect hard bound copy last night, didn't cost much. Some
scholar at the UW was dumping her library, lots of stuff on Hebrew and ANE.
This book looked like a winner so I brought it home. No risk, I can take it
back if it is a dog.

I notice that Eisnenbrauns shows a second edition of this book as
forthcoming but it has not come forth yet. Probably make the first edition
about as useful as windows '95. No, that is an exaggeration. Anyway I know
someone who will most likely want this book so I will keep it. It is a
little beyond my scope, being a Hellenist.

greetings,
Clay Bartholomew