b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] James Ossuary

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dave Washburn <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] James Ossuary
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:48:49 -0600

On Wednesday 18 June 2003 09:40, Jim West wrote:
> At 08:13 AM 6/18/03 -0700, you wrote:
> >exactly what do you mean by >>Jesus for suckers<<?
>
> he is quoting the title of the review... and the reviewer means "jesus for
> the naive".

He also said the phrase encapsulates his own view. There was no mention of
Shanks' book in Maurice's statement, contra Yigal, so I think Dean's question
is legitimate, and perhaps we should let Maurice answer for himself. Does he
mean the phrase in reference to Shanks' book, to the James ossuary, or to
Christian belief in general? The statement as put forth in his post is vague
enough that it is reasonable to ask for a clarification.

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur