b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Book Recommendation

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Brent Emery" <brent.lynn.emery AT prodigy.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Book Recommendation
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 15:34:30 -0800

Forgive my intrusion into the recent discussion of Samual/afterlife/Nephesh
but I would recommend the book "Shades of Sheol: Death and Afterlife in the
Old Testament" by Philip S. Johnston. This was published by InterVarsity
Press. This book deals with many of the same topics that have appeared
recently on the forum. shalom, brent emery

Brent Emery
Congregation Beit Hallel
Tacoma, Washington

  • [b-hebrew] Book Recommendation, Brent Emery, 02/06/2003