b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] The Meaning of brkh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "David Taylor" <dave201 AT mail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] The Meaning of brkh
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 00:28:24 -0500

Peter,

I do agree with you that the words BRK "bless",BRK "kneel", and B.:R"KFH
"pool, pond" share the same root, but I differ with you in the root itself. I
believe that common root is BRK "kneel" which gives the sense of coming down.
So the pool, pond is where the water comes down and collects/gathers and BRK
"blessing" comes down from G_d (i.e from above).

What do you think?

Dave