b-hebrew - Transliteration Schemes

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "AL Cantley" <acantley AT meer.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Transliteration Schemes
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 14:09:33 -0500

Ken (or others),

I am just learning Hebrew and need some help; regarding transliteration schemes:

1) Where can I find the b-Hebrew scheme referred to below;

2) What are the most popular schemes;

3) Do any of these correspond to the "translation / correspondence" scheme that Microsoft uses when changing an English font (e.g. Arial) to a Hebrew font?

Thanks.

Blessings,

Al Cantley