b-hebrew - Re:

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bill Rea <bsr15 AT exchange.canterbury.ac.nz>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re:
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:24:43 +1300 (NZDT)

Liz wrote:-

>There was a session at SBL in Toronto on E.
>I was not able to attend, but the upshot was, I think, that
>there was no E. Did anyone on this list attend?
>Who did his document get parceled out to?

Which raises the question, is there anything more to the documentary
hypothesis than fashion? With something as static as the Biblical text
and the need for constant innovation, are scholars just running around
in a circle disproving their elders' theories? When I had to study the
old JEPD theory I thought it had merit. Perhaps it was just wishful
thinking and collective delusion.

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury University \_
E-Mail bill dot rea at canterbury dot ac dot nz </ New
Phone 64-3-364-2331, Fax 64-3-364-2332 /) Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator (/'

  • Re:, Bill Rea, 01/09/2003