b-hebrew - RE: Sandra Landis Gogel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: c stirling bartholomew <cc.constantine AT worldnet.att.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Sandra Landis Gogel
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 09:15:25 -0800

on 12/25/02 8:10 AM, Trevor & Julie Peterson wrote:

> I took a skim through it just this past week . . .

Thanks Trevor,

One of the things that struck me right off was the amount of text covered.
The entire collection of texts in the appendix doesn't add up much and the
seals don't make exciting reading.

Another remarkable feature of the book is that all the Hebrew text is
transliterated. I understand that the material covered wasn't written in the
script that we now use but I always prefer to see the Hebrew in a Hebrew
script, even if the form is anachronistic.

The length of the book is of course dictated by the 500 page rule for
dissertations.

greetings, clay

greetings, clay

--