b-hebrew - Mishnaic/Rabbinic Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jane Harper <jharper AT woh.rr.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: Mishnaic/Rabbinic Hebrew
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 04:29:10 -0500

I realize this is a tad off topic, but ...

Has anyone had a chance to evaluate Segal's "Grammar of Mishnaic Hebrew"? How does it stack up against Perez-Hernandez "Introductory Grammar of Rabbinic Hebrew"?

To think just three or four years ago I was moaning to this list that there were no resources for Rabbinic . . . now, if somebody will just do a Medieval Hebrew grammar I'll be in hawg heaven.

Hmm .. perhaps a poor metaphor. <g>

Jane Harper

A secret is something you say in such a way that everyone can hear it, and yet no one who is not supposed to know can know it. -- Rabbi Simchah Bunem of Przysucha