b-hebrew - Re: Software with DSS texts?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kevin Barney <klbarney AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Software with DSS texts?
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 06:27:45 -0700 (PDT)

You can purchase the DSS on cd-rom from the Institute
for the Study and Preservation of Ancient Religious
Texts (ISPART). Their number is 1-800-FARMS15. I
think the cost is a little over $200.

This has scalable (i.e., so you can zoom in or out)
photos of the scrolls, Hebrew transcriptions (based on
those of Discoveries in the Judean Desert), the
English translation of Garcia Florentino-Martinez (so
you can split your screen and have the picture,
transcription and translation all on your screen at
the same time), the DSS Index, and a few other tools.

> Subject: Software with DSS texts?
> From: "Dave Humpal" <ebedyah AT elite.net>
> Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 18:07:01 -0700
>
> Soren,
> Does Accordance have DSS Hebrew texts? Did I read
> that correctly? And if
> so, does it have the Biblical texts? It might make
> me buy a Mac!!
>
> Also, does anyone know a source for DSS texts on PC
> software!
>
> And finally, does anyone use Davka's Talmud (Hebrew
> and Soncino)? Is it
> easy to use for searches, or is the technology
> cumbersome, as I have heard?
>
> Thanks for any input,
> Rev. David Humpal
> First Christian Church