b-hebrew - Fwd: Attack on school

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Gary Coombs" <gcoombs AT shadowmountain.org>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Fwd: Attack on school
  • Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 09:30:34 -0700

--- Begin Message --- Received: from mail.galacticomm.org
by mail.smmnet.org; Mon, 05 Aug 2002 06:41:51 -0700
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 07:49:41 -0600
To: gcoombs AT shadowmountain.org
From: "MarkD Office" <markd-office AT team-family.org>

As you can well imagine - we need prayer for the Sherbecks. There is much
we can thank God for in this. His mercy is all over it. We return to
Southern Cal. this evening.

Rick Whitman will be by to pick up the Town Car and will be meeting us at
the airport as we have arranged with Harriet.

In Christ Jesus
Mark D.

Dear praying friends,

It's 5:30 am here in Newfoundland (3:00 am CDT). Denis phoned an hour ago
to say that there had been an armed attack on Murree Christian School,
where Aaron attends. I think it would have been during the lunch hour
there, but no students were injured.

The school compound is surrounded by a wall which had just been made
higher and stronger this summer. Gunmen approached the school, killed the
Pakistani guards, and injured two other people: a mother from the
Philippines, who serves in Afghanistan, and a Pakistani staff member.

Denis was phoning from Rawalpindi, where he had gone to work at the studio
for the day. He was leaving right away to go back to Murree (1 1/2 hour
drive) to be with Aaron.

Please pray for the whole missionary community, who were just recovering
from the drowning of an MCS dad last month. Please pray especially for
Aaron. He was probably the only one at the school who was also at the
church on March 17.

I'll let you know more as I find out how he's doing, etc. I'm typing with
five fingers, so e-mailing is difficult.

Thanks for your prayers.

Trusting in Him,
Diane

--- End Message ---