b-hebrew - Re: creation and apparatuses (apparati)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: tmcos AT canada.com
  • To: cbrady AT tulane.edu
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: creation and apparatuses (apparati)
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:17:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 27 June 2002, "Christian M. M. Brady" wrote

<lizfried AT umich.edu> wrote:

> > God finished his work on the 7th day,
> > that means he worked on the seventh day.
>
> Not necessarily. That God "finished/completed" his
work on the seventh day
> does not necessarily mean that he actually did work
on the seventh day. I
> can also mean that his all was completed by that day.
>
> Cb
> cbrady @ tulane.edu
> --
> "I never let schooling interfere with my education."
> -Mark Twain

I concur with Christian here. If we follow the
evening/morning sequence of creation in Genesis then at
the evening of the sixth day God would have terminated
His work of creation and as far as biblical chronology
goes the evening is the beginning of the next day.
Therefore,the eve of the 6th day would be the beginning
of the seventh day. I don't see a problem here. Best,

Tony Costa
University of Toronto

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as:
[tmcos AT canada.com]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')
> To subscribe, send an email to