b-hebrew - RE: creation and apparatuses (apparati)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "B Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: creation and apparatuses (apparati)
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:02:11 -0400

God finished his work on the 7th day,
that means he worked on the seventh day.
The Greek and the Samaritan fix it up and change it to the sixth
day.
I only know that from the apparaus at the bottom of the BHS.
I bought the BHL and am very disappointed that it doesn't have
an apparatus. Grrr.
How is one supposed to know these things? Is there another way
of finding out the manuscript variants?
Liz