b-hebrew - RE: Thought you would be interested to know

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Thought you would be interested to know
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 19:47:17 -0500

Maybe true, maybe not. See http://www.snopes2.com/rumors/bible.htm,

From the first URL:

Claim: An unburned Bible was found amidst the charred wreckage of the Pentagon after the September 11 terrorist attack.

They were wrong about the claim, that's not what was claimed, so everything else they say may be wrong, too.

I heard this from a rabbi who gave a class on predictions and theories in the Prophets and Gemarra and Kabbala, about the coming of the Messiah, and the final war of Gog and Magog (Armageddon), etc.

He told us that someone called him to tell him this, and he asked the person to VERIFY it. I think he showed us a newspaper or magazine article with a photograph.

I didn't pay so much attention to what he held up in front of us, because I trusted his honesty and integrity.

I didn't think it was off topic on this list, because if it is true, it puts the Bible into a certain perspective, which not everyone here agrees with; I thought it was instructive.

Shoshanna

also
http://www.geocities.com/gregoryjrummo/godspeaks.htm (for the reports of
what was found, I am not endorsing the theology here).