b-hebrew - RE: SV: The daughter of Jeftah died? (David to Liz)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: SV: The daughter of Jeftah died? (David to Liz)
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:01:32 -0400

I always thought it was the future we didn't know anything about.
We are all rowing on a rowboat, looking only at where we've been.
We can take a fleeting look from side to side at the present,
the future we can't see at all.
It is only the past we can know, and that too fades away into the
distance.

Liz
waxing poetical, sorry