b-hebrew - Re: Begining Biblical Hebrew Book

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Greg Jordan <jordan AT chuma.cas.usf.edu>
  • To: Doug Jordan <dougj AT pdq.net>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Begining Biblical Hebrew Book
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:50:21 -0400 (EDT)

I always recommend "Biblical Hebrew: A Text and Workbook" (Yale 1989) by
Bonnie Pedrotti Kittel.
It stands so far above any other introductory Hebrew book I have ever
seen, and it jumps straight into the most commonly used Biblical phrases.

Greg Jordan
University of South Florida
jordan AT chuma.cas.usf.edu