b-hebrew - Begining Biblical Hebrew Book

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Doug Jordan" <dougj AT pdq.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Begining Biblical Hebrew Book
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 19:34:20 -0400

I am new to Biblical Hebrew and want to teach myself for the reason of
understanding the scriptures. I have learned the alphabet and I am now
working on the vowels(vocalization). What is the best begining book?
Is it Basics of Biblical Hebrew or the book by Kelly or some other book?
Your help would be appreciated. I have tried Teach yourself Biblical
Hebrew but it does not seem very good.

Doug Jordan