b-hebrew - Psalm 2:7 and Proverbs 31 ben/bar

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Schmuel <schmuel AT bigfoot.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Psalm 2:7 and Proverbs 31 ben/bar
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:25:29 -0500

Shalom B-Hebrew,

Please accept double-apologies for making this three posts...

Psalms 2:12 (KJV)
2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way,
when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

I just found the exact claim.. it is from a Jews for Judaism Referece
Library..

> In Aramaic, bar is used only as a construct "son of" (Proverbs 31:2; Ezra 5:1-2, 6:14),
> whereas the absolute form of "son" in Aramaic is ber'a.
> the verse should have read nash-ku ber'a, "kiss the son," not nash-ku bar, "kiss the son of."

I know that cross-language "rules" are very dubious..

What do you think of this claim ?

Schmuel AT bigfoot.com

Messianic_Apologetic-subscribe AT yahoogroups.com