b-hebrew - Re: ELOHIM NOT PLURAL

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • To: rosewalk AT concentric.net, b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: ELOHIM NOT PLURAL
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:20:37 EST

In a message dated 1/29/2002 3:28:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, rosewalk AT concentric.net writes:

The Torah is a religious document, and I don't understand how you can take religion out of it, and think you are understanding - like taking the soul out of the body.

I will shut up now

Thank you.

I have only one thing to add. Regarding your accusation that I would seek to "take religion out of it", nothing could be further from the truth.  Faith does not determine linguistics.  It does not tell me what a passage means.  If it did, I would not need to read the passage but would already know the answer.

gfsomsel