b-hebrew - Re: French OU

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "stoney" <stoney AT touchwood.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: French OU
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 13:59:16 -0600

A few french vowels present nuances in their pronunciation, but it is not
the case of the OU sound.

Oui? As actually spoken by those unfortunates who have not had the advantage of instruction in good usage by M. Grevisse? . . . I am inquiring, not calling the statement into question; it's just that in English we generally find that those most anxious to define good usage are generally least conscious of linguistic actualities.

Stoney Breyer
Writer
Touchwood, Inc.
THAI's LAW: For every vision there is an equal and opposite revision.