b-hebrew - RE: Channuka

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Roelie van der Spuy" <roelie_van_der_spuy AT sil.org>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Channuka
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:47:31 +0300

I came across this short news cast, and thought that might light up a few
hearts:

FIVE-METER MENORAH INSTALLED NEAR KREMLIN. Moscow Mayor Yurii Luzhkov joined
Chief Rabbi Berel Lazar and several hundred people on Manezh Square on 10
December to light a five-meter-high menorah to mark the beginning of
Hanukkah. Lazar thanked Luzhkov for his assistance in having the menorah
moved closer to the Kremlin. VC

Blessings,
Roelie