b-hebrew - Re: PS: What are Hebrew words for hen and egg?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: PS: What are Hebrew words for hen and egg?
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 06:29:53 EST

In a message dated 12/8/2001 11:36:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, rosewalk AT concentric.net writes:

I think that those who divorced the Torah from its origin and
spiritual character, who posit that it was written by various human
beings, and who proceed to take it apart, word by word and analyze it
according to grammar, discuss it in foreign languages, including
Latin, and ignore all the Rabbinic commentators, as if they are
archaic and knew nothing, are the most arrogant of all

Perhaps there should then be no b-hebrew since we (sometimes) "take it apart, word by word and analyze it according to grammar" and "discuss it in foreign languages" (sometimes including Latin).  Much better that we simply publish the rabbinic commentators.   A simple web page devoted to this should suffice (not in English or German or French, etc., of course).  There should be no discussion — after all, the rabbis said all that need be said.

gfsomsel

  • Re: PS: What are Hebrew words for hen and egg?, Polycarp66, 12/09/2001