b-hebrew - PS: What are Hebrew words for hen and egg?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: PS: What are Hebrew words for hen and egg?
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 23:35:43 -0500

Like I said, what does this have to do with Hebrew?

That was already explained. It was the language of much of the
philology of the centuries before the 20th. Did you read the post?

OUR Torah scholars and commentators, whose entire energies were
devoted to learning Torah and teaching it, and were and are still
keepers of an unbroken chain of tradition and knowledge spanning
thousands of years, were not using Latin, nor was the Torah written
in Latin.

Could you possibly sound more arrogant? Nobody said the Torah was
written in Latin; much scholarly literature was written in Latin.
Again I wonder if you actually read the post.

I think that those who divorced the Torah from its origin and spiritual character, who posit that it was written by various human beings, and who proceed to take it apart, word by word and analyze it according to grammar, discuss it in foreign languages, including Latin, and ignore all the Rabbinic commentators, as if they are archaic and knew nothing, are the most arrogant of all

shoshanna