b-hebrew - Re: b-hebrew digest: October 28, 2001

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: aloke <lokesfam AT tm.net.my>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: b-hebrew digest: October 28, 2001
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:28:26 +0800

anthony loke
stm email: anthony AT seminary-stm.com.my

this message is a waste of time for a place like b-hebrew digest. there will
always be some people who will disagree with present-day christianity and
try to revert to the 'truth'. being an old testament lecturer and very much
for what the old testament teaches, i think to try to argue that terms like
g_d is unbiblical or unchristian betrays the person's ignorance. after all,
God is a english word (and modern day Jews use G_d without the vowel for
yhwh just like the ancient Jews used the tetragrammaton without the vowels)
and has no similarity with Gad, a hebrew name. jesus is only a
transliteration of Iesous the greek name and it doesn't matter whether we
call him Jesus, Joshua, Yesus etc (he's still the son of God). kindly
circulate such messages elsewhere and not waste valuable time and space for
more 'proper' discussions of an academic nature instead of bigotry and plain
ignorance.