b-hebrew - RE: Two vowels together and Unicode Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, "Henry Churchyard" <churchh AT uts.cc.utexas.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Two vowels together and Unicode Hebrew
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:48:48 +0100

Thank you, Henry. This is very useful, and I will pass it on to my
colleagues.

There are a few other raphe's in the Michigan etc text, or the CCAT text
which I assume is more or less the same (also BHS) e.g. in Psalm 119:99. But
I don't think they co-occur with dagesh outside the Decalogue.

I realise that this is not a meaningful category phonologically. But it is
when you are trying to write software to encode and display the text
correctly.

Peter Kirk