b-hebrew - Re: Genesis 22 thru 24: Rebekah's age

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Christine Bass" <christinebass AT home.com>
  • To: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Genesis 22 thru 24: Rebekah's age
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 22:51:25 -0400

That there is a fallacy based on when Rebekah's birth was reported seems
evident.

Rashi is highly regarded......how could this reading continue to be
promulgated? Merely because he is highly regarded? It defies rational
thinking.
Any words of wisdom for those of you versed in Rashi?

Thanks!

Christine