b-hebrew - Rohl's Chronology-Deconstruction

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Walter Mattfeld" <mattfeld AT mail.pjsnet.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Rohl's Chronology-Deconstruction
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:41:01 +0200

I thought some on this list might have an interest in what two CONSERVATIVE
SCHOLARS, both of whom WHO BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE and who have argued that
archaeology confirms "the truth of the Bible," have to say "contra" Rohl's
New Chronology.

They are Dr. Bryant Wood (trained in Archaeology) and Dr. Gerald Aardsma
(trained in Radiocarbon dating)-

Dr. Bryant Wood-
http://www.christiananswers.net/abr/scoop.html#Pharaohs

Dr. Gerald Aardsma-
http://www.biblicalchronologist.org/products/archives/vol2.htm#num5

I would also like to take this opportunity to "publicly thank" Peter
Kirk -of this list- for pointing out errors in my Rohl CONCLUSION summary. I
had stated -in error- ALL of these places had come into being no earlier
than Iron I times, when I should have said they ALL possess Iron debris,
some coming into being in Chalcolithic, Early Bronze and Middle Bronze (None
possessing Late Bronze Age debris). I have made the corrections on the
article posted at my website
http://www.bibleorigins.net/RohlsChronologyDeconstructed.html

All the best, Walter

Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld