b-hebrew - Re: Hebrew narrative

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "David Stabnow" <dstabno AT lifeway.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Hebrew narrative
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 12:35:27 -0500

For textlinguistics I would recommend Walter Bodine's _Linguistics and
Biblical Hebrew_ (Eisenbrauns, 1994) as a starting point. David Allan
Dawson's _Textlinguistics and Biblical Hebrew_ (Sheffield, JSOT Supp 170,
1994) is an accessible introduction to Longacre's methodology and includes
critiques of some other approaches.
For literary analysis I enjoyed interacting with Meir Sternberg's _The
Poetics of Biblical Narrative_ (Indiana University, 1987).
Dave Stabnow

"Andre Landman" <landmal AT unisa.ac.za> on 08/07/2001 05:50:37 AM

Please respond to "Andre Landman" <landmal AT unisa.ac.za>