b-hebrew - Monotheism article

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Walter Mattfeld" <mattfeld AT mail.pjsnet.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Monotheism article
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 00:30:52 +0200

Available at my website (click on the below url in my signature if
interested) is an article titled "The Origins of Israel's Monotheistic
Concept of God (Arising from Effusive Praise of the Deity)." It is my
understanding that Israel's Monotheistic beliefs originated in the
Pre-Exilic period, ca 8th-6th centuries BCE and are an outgrowth of a new
concept about God being ONE, developed from "Effusive Praise of the Deity,"
mirrored in the contemporary Assyrian and Babylonian hymns.

All the best, Walter

Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld
Walldorf by Heidelberg
Baden-Wurttemburg, Germany
http://bibleorigins.homestead.com/index.html

  • Monotheism article, Walter Mattfeld, 05/12/2001