b-hebrew - Being polite (was Re: Sam, Chr & Josephus (Peter))

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Christian M. M. Brady" <cbrady AT tulane.edu>
  • To: H-Bible <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Being polite (was Re: Sam, Chr & Josephus (Peter))
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 08:29:27 -0600

On 3/17/01 6:56 AM, "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it> wrote:

> Most estimates which don't consider the data mean little. Consider the data.
> Not your personal dispositions against the idea. I really find this
> backs-to-the-wall type *aggressive* reluctance to consider such ideas at all
> except to try to rubbish them is not reflective in any way of a scholarly
> approach to analysis of the problems presented to us.

This single quote does not fully demonstrate this, but... Ian, I find that
much of your language and manner is rude and dismissive. That is hardly
appropriate for this sort of list. I have posted this publicly since your
posts have been public as well. I do not mean to disrespect you, but to
request less invective.

> But to make your semantics happy:

Well we all realize that semantics are what this game is all about! ;-)

Cb
cbrady @ tulane.edu
--
"It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have
those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech,

  • Being polite (was Re: Sam, Chr & Josephus (Peter)), Christian M. M. Brady, 03/17/2001