b-hebrew - Re: Sam, Chr & Josephus (Christian)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sam, Chr & Josephus (Christian)
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 15:25:24 +0100

>> Of the literature that has come down to us from the second temple no-one
>> *shows* any knowledge of Ezra.
>>
>> Get the point? The refounder of the religion of the second temple passes
>> totally unnoticed in the second temple.
>
>I understand what you are arguing, but it requires your initial
>assumptions of the dating of other texts which is obviously not shared by
>the majority. (And yes of course, "majority" does not equal "correct.")

I don't understand what you are saying (when you say that my position
"requires [my]
initial assumptions of the dating of other texts"), or how you get there,
Christian.

Let me say that my argument is based solely on the Ezra tradition as we have
it,
with the text of Nehemiah, and the text of Josephus. What does "the dating of
other
texts" have to do with the matter?

Ian