b-hebrew - Re: Q? Chronicles?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Melvin Ely and Naama Zahavi-Ely" <nxzaha AT wm.edu>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Q? Chronicles?
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 06:56:14 -0500

There is a book in Hebrew by Aba Bendavid, called "makbilot bamikra"
(=parallels in the Bible), which consists of printing side by side of all
parallel passages in the (Jewish) Bible -- which end up being mostly
Chronicles compared mostly to Samuel/Kings. Differences (words or letters)
are highlighted in red, and there is no interpretation or commentary -- just
the texts. The book is published by Karta in Jerusalem. I bought a copy in
the Akademon store at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem a few years ago.

Hope this helps,

Naama Zahavi-Ely

> Subject: Re: Q? Chronicles?
> From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
> Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:13:41 -0500
>
> At 10:07 AM 1/30/01 -0500, you wrote:
> >hi folks,
> >
> >anyone out there getting into Chronicles in a big way? be interested to
> >know. seems to me there is a new wave coming according greater respect to
> >C's sources and historical accuracy. what's doing in this area?
> >

> since wellhausen the chronicler has suffered neglect.
>
> >also, is there a good synoptic reference guide to the paralles in C and
> >samuel-kings? and maybe C and the LXX?
>
> do you read german? theres an excellent synopsis published in germany
> (using the hebrew texts of course but all the other stuff is in german).
>
> Juergen Kegler and Matthias Augustin- Synopse zum Chronistischen
Geschichtswerk