b-hebrew - SV: Canonical Daniel Qumran

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Søren Holst <sh AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: 'clayton stirling bartholomew' <c.s.bartholomew AT worldnet.att.net>
  • Subject: SV: Canonical Daniel Qumran
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 08:56:53 +0100

Scanlin's list fits perfectly the one by Eugene Ulrich in Flint/VanderKam
"The Dead Sea Scrolls after fifty years" vol. 2 (1999), except Scanlin
didn't have access to two manuscripts:

4QDan d:
3:23-25
4:5?-9, 12-14
7:15-19, 21-23?

4QDan e:
9:12-14, 15-16(?), 17?

You ought to find the cave 1 fragments in Discoveries in the Judaean Desert
vol I, the cave 6 one in vol III and the cave 4 ones in the recently
published vol XVI. We're all eagerly waiting for a handy one-volume edition
by Ulrich to appear.

brakhot
Soren Holst
Copenhagen