b-hebrew - RE: Isa. 42:3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Isa. 42:3
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:30:15 +0400

It is I think a rule of this list that no attachments are to be sent. And
this is for a very good reason. Some of us may still be using archaic e-mail
programs which don't accept attachments. But more relevant is that some of
us are still forced to use slow and expensive Internet connections. So we
don't want to be sent unsolicited large files, especially RTF and HTML which
can be very large, and even more especially if we are also to be sent the
fonts for them which make the files even larger.

So can I suggest two better ways to distribute your paper: 1) offer to send
the file by e-mail to anyone who requests it off-list, or 2) put it on a web
site.

Peter Kirk