b-hebrew - RE: Isa. 42:3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Liz Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Isa. 42:3
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 16:54:41 -0500

Dan Wagner wrote:

. So any argument
> attempting to identify the Servant with Cyrus (an old position
> held first by
> Servetus, i think) would have to be made on the basis of evidence not
> including an argument from the use of _HEN_.

I certainly hope that I have enough evidence that I can do without this.
Otherwise, I'm in deep do-do.
I would like to look at other writers who have linked Cyrus with the
Servant.
Commentators say it is an old position, which they then dismiss. I haven't
seen
any references to their work.
Can you give me the reference to Servetus?
Thanks.
Liz