b-hebrew - The division of the Torah (JEPD)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <language_lover64801 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: The division of the Torah (JEPD)
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 00:34:55 -0800 (PST)

Dear friends,

I am wondering if there is something (cheap!) which
lays out the division of the Torah by the different
critical sources. I have noticed in the _Theological
Lexicon of the Old Testament_ that often sources are
noted. I am wondering how it is determined to which
author/redactor a passage belongs.

(1) Are there set criteria by which to judge a
passage's source?

(2) Are they laid out anywhere in a well-accessible
place?

(3) Can I get a copy of such information?

THANK YOU beyond measure. :-)

Shalom,
Jason Hare