b-hebrew - Welcome George Athas to B-Hebrew Staff

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jonathan Robie <jwrobie AT mindspring.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Welcome George Athas to B-Hebrew Staff
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 11:44:28 -0400

Friends,

B-Hebrew has grown tremendously in both membership (now at 468) and in
volume of postings. Earlier this year our three co-chairs asked for
additional help. So we began a search for an individual to join in the
duties of the moderators and I'm pleased to announce that we have found
him.

George Athas is a long-time and well-known member of our B-Hebrew. He
received his doctorate in Hebrew/Biblical Studies from the University of
Sydney, his dissertation being on the Tel Dan Inscription. Presently he is
Lecturer of Hebrew & NT Greek at Southern Cross College (Sydney) and
Chaplain (Anglican) at the University of New South Wales. He has been a
member of B-Hebrew since 1997.

His expertise is only one of the reasons we have asked him to join our
staff. George has shown that he knows how to foster conversation, engage
in controversial discussion with respect and discernment, and help welcome
people with different perspectives and different backgrounds. His personality
reflects what we want the personality of B-Hebrew to be.

George Athas <gathas AT globalfreeway.com.au> joins our three other
chairpersons:

Kirk Lowery <kelowery AT cs.com>
Lewis Reich <lewreich AT javanet.com>
Bryan Rocine <brocine AT earthlink.net>

Let's all welcome George, and thank him for the support he has already been
giving us.

Jonathan Robie
List Owner, B-Hebrew