b-hebrew - The Hebrew Bible: A Socio-Literary Intro

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jason A. Hare" <language_lover64801 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: The Hebrew Bible: A Socio-Literary Intro
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:29:35 -0400

I finally acquired a copy of _The Hebrew Bible: A Socio-Literary
Introduction_ by Norman K. Gottwald. Is there a good review I can get
somewhere? I would like to know if there are sections that would be "must
read." Perusing the book, it seems that it is quite complex. Could
anyone suggest parts of the book that are informative and understandable,
ones that discuss JEPD, etc.? Thanks in advance.

Jason Hare