b-hebrew - Re: I am becoming what I am becoming

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Reginald Wallace Ponder, Jr." <rwponder AT lycos.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: I am becoming what I am becoming
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:43:51 -0400

I am not of any strong opinion about the presence of an Egyptian
influence in Ex. 3:14. I see some evidence for both sides. But I do
agree that the basic message of Ex. 3:14 is an affirmation of God's
continuing faithfulness.
I must admit that I am not very familiar with the 'yiqtol of habitual
past' -- although I understand that the conjugations may be construed in a
wide variety of ways.