b-hebrew - Re: Gen 1:1. Kermess

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lee R. Martin" <lmartin AT vol.com>
  • To: Ian Hutchesson <mc2499 AT mclink.it>, Hebrew List <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Gen 1:1. Kermess
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 11:58:16 -0400

Ian Hutchesson wrote:

> I think you are taking things too far. Perhaps you would agree that John
> 1:1 is modeled on Genesis 1:1 but they are not the same -- the say
> different things --; am I being "creative" when I work on the idea that the
> writer of GJohn1 had Gen1 in mind?

Dear Ian,
I have no idea why you are bringing in John's Gospel to our exchange. I have
not
mentioned it nor have I given it any consideration in my thinking about Gen.
1:1. I
have no theological attachment to creation "ex nihilo" in Gen. 1, nor am I
concerned
to link it to John 1 when reading Genesis.
--

Lee R. Martin
Pastor, Prospect Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee