b-hebrew - Re: The Garden of Eden Myth (Serpent, Adam, Eve & God)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "Walter Mattfeld" <mattfeld AT mail.pjsnet.com>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The Garden of Eden Myth (Serpent, Adam, Eve & God)
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 00:06:39 +0100

The paragraph quoted in part below is indeed crude and shocking, and has
nothing to do with Biblical Hebrew. If you wish to mock Christian beliefs,
please find another forum to do so.

It is a shame that you ruined for me what was otherwise an interesting
posting by going off on this tangent. But could not the Mesopotamian
legends, with their greater development, be secondary and the simpler Hebrew
one be closer to the original form?

By the way, David Rohl's "Legend" covers much of this material, though
without the shock factor.

Peter Kirk